April 17, 2013

Fun with Headbands!!!!

Ok I have decided to show everyone how
I have made my headbands for less then
Three yes that's Three DOLLARS!!!!
Its too good not to share to
All you mommy's out there!!!
 
These are Avril's old tights that don't fit anymore...
 Stretch the tights and cut right by the crotch... 
 I found it was easier to sew if I cut the toe part were the seem is too!!
 Sew together.. Don't worry about how it looks!!!
It'll be covered!!
 Next select the fabric you want...
Here is where I spend next to nothing!!!
Seriously go through your old shirts!!!
No one will know the difference and its free!!!
I also like to buy the fabric pieces that are 96 cents
at Wal-Mart.. They last me a long time!!!
And who can beat 96 cents?!!
 Next decide how you want to do your flowers..
This part takes the most work
But its totally worth it, I swear!!!
I cut five circles.. This took about 15 minutes
 Fold them in half and sew them together..
Lay the next folded circle under in the middle
While you are stitching.
This took me a couple of try's to get it how I wanted..
 After you have sewn them all together pull tight!!!!!!
 You can add anything you want to the
Center.. I changed my mind to a smaller button...
So start saving those buttons!!!!
 Next I cut square and rectangle pieces of fabric..

 Cut a piece of Ribbon...
Bunched the fabric...
 And started adding them to the ribbon...
I like to sew everything because it less messy and
You risk burning your fingers!!!

 Randomly add colors you want...



 Until you are done!!!
I wasted a lot of ribbon oops!!:)
 Choose the ribbon you want to use on your headband..
Mine was too thick so I folded it in half

 Put a dab of hot glue in the center and add your ribbon...
 Wrap it around and glue again..
I like to glue the end down so it doesn't fray..
Go glue happy if you want!!!
 Before you glue decide where you want your cute new little flowers!!!


And you are done!!!!

I found all of these flowers on
Pinterest and fixed them how I wanted...
Its super easy!!
I know if I can do it anyone can!!!
Don't throw away your ripped and stained shirts!!!
Use them for cutie little headbands
and save save SAVE!!!!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! Thanks for sharing...you should do more of these! :) I would love to learn more.

    ReplyDelete